Totally Flexible Learning Based Around Your Needs
Available Whenever You Want 24/7/365
Comprehensive Tai Chi Materials and Videos
Full Support And Personal Tai Chi Advice Always Available
The Benefits For You
The online courses in the Tai Chi program have many advantages for you. They contain straightforward and easy to follow lessons with video and/or written content. You can view them whenever you want, any time any day, and watch them as often as you like.
You will have complete access to a wide range of courses that take you step by step through Tai Chi forms, Qigong exercises, and much much more (see below for details). Please note that sometimes when we add to the program this list does not get updated immediately, so you may find additional material when you join the program.
Start Here 🙂
Beginning Tai Chi
No. of Lessons : 11
This first course contains short lessons that explain what you will be learning and how to use the site.
BEGINNING TAI CHI
1) This Course
3) Before you start
4) Tai Chi history and styles
6) Suggested learning plan
7) Constant change
8) Important - Health & Safety
1) Thoughts on Tai Chi - downloadable eBook approx 3500 words.
2) Where do forms come from?
3) What does our logo mean?
Exercises for Tai Chi
Tai Chi Exercises
No. of Lessons : 9
This course contains complete short Tai Chi exercise routine which you watch on video and follow along with.
Additional lessons with further exercises will be added in due course.
1) Please read !!!
2) Students questions
3) Exercises - Set Zero - Video
4) Exercises - Set One - Video
5) Exercises - Set Two - Video
6) Exercises - Set Three - Video
7) Exercises - Set Four - Wrist exercise - Video
8) Joint Mobility Exercises List
9) Exercises - Set Five - Joint Mobility - Video
Tai Chi Forms
8 Move 1 Step Form
No. of Lessons : 21
This is our foundation form and should be learned whether or not you are new to Tai Chi and practiced regularly.
1) What is the 8 Move 1 Step Form?
2) List of moves for 8 Move 1 Step Form
3) 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
4) Sideways view of 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
5) Rear view of 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
6) Mirror image video notes
7) Mirror image 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
8) Verbal instructions 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
9) Practice Makes Perfect
10) Practice moves 1 & 2 - 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
11) Practice move 3 - 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
12) Practice moves 4 & 5 - 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
13) Practice moves 6 & 7 & 8 - 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
14) Corrections - variations & height - Video
15) Corrections - Hold the ball - Video
16) Corrections - Strum the Lute - Video
17) Breathing - 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
18) The hips & waist & shoulders - Video
19) 8 Move 1 Step Form - in the garden - Video
20) Additional practice and refinements
8 Move Energy Form
No. of lessons : 18
The second form, short but full of subtleties, fairly easy to learn however a bit more difficult to understand and master.
1) What is the 8 Move Energy Form for?
2) List of moves for 8 Move Energy Form
3) The idea of 'Flow' - Video
4) Running through the 8 Move Energy Form - Video
5) Important - 90 degree stepping - Video
6) Left and right side views 8 Move Energy Form - Video
7) Rear view 8 Move Energy Form- Video
8) Mirror image notes
9) Mirror image 8 Move Energy Form - Video
10) Verbal instructions 8 Move Energy Form - Video
11) Move by move
12) Moves 1 & 2 - 8 Move Energy Form - Video
13) Move 3 - 8 Move Energy Form - Video
14) Move 4 - 8 Move Energy Form - Video
15) Moves 5 & 6 - 8 Move Energy Form - Video
16) Moves 7 & 8 - 8 Move Energy Form - Video
17) Important - Breathing - Video
Short Balance Form
No. of lessons : 3
A simple form that helps train balance.
1) What is the Short Balance Form for?
2) List of moves for Short Balance Form
3) Short Balance Form Overview - Video
No. of lessons : 10
This form introduces a few new movements as well as more turning and stepping.
1) What is the Dynamic Form for?
2) List of moves for Dynamic Form
3) Cross step safety - Video
4) Dynamic Form - Front View - Video
5) Dynamic Form - Side View - Video
6) Strum the Lute and Push - Video
7) Snake Creeps Down & 2nd Strum Lute - Video
8) Needle at Sea Bottom & work Shuttles - Video
9) Kicks, Grasp Swallow's Tail & Closing Move - Video
Long Balance Form
No. of lessons : 4
The Long Balance Form is another form that helps teach balance.
1) What is the Balance Form for?
2) Overview video - Video
3) Overview video 2 - Video
4) Do you need more?
Sun 13 Form
No. of lessons : 4
This form is from a different style of Tai Chi ('Sun' rather than 'Yang') so there are a number of quite basic differences - in a similar way to a 'Ford' car being different to a 'Volvo'.
1) Sun 13 - Overview
2) Sun 13 form - from front - Video
3) Sun 13 form - from left - Video
4) Sun 13 form - from right - Video
Chen Style 11 Move Form
No. of lessons : 3
This form is from another different style of Tai Chi ('Chen' rather than 'Yang') so once again there are a number of quite basic differences.
1) What is Chen Style?
2) The 11 move form
3) Introduction and first lesson - Video
Q1 - 5 Move Qigong
No. of Lessons : 4
A basic but very important set of Qigong exercises - practice wherever and whenever you like and as often as you want to. Well don't practice when driving your car or doing anything that could harm yourself or others... Sorry for saying that but you know there are some people who take things too literally.
2) List of moves 5 Move Qigong
3) 5 Move Qigong - Video
4) Another 5 Move Qigong - Video
Heaven & Earth Qigong
No. of lessons : 7
This is quite an advanced Qigong exercise set which may need plenty of time to learn and practice it. It is especially good for teaching mental focus and for strengthening the body.
2) List of moves for Heaven & Earth Qigong
3) Run-through of postures - Video
4) Correct way to 'sit down' - Video
5) Practice - 30 seconds per posture - Video
6) Practice - 1 minute per posture - Video
7) Heaven and Earth - 'Lite' version - Video
Shi Ba Shi Qigong
No. of lessons : 10
The Shi Ba Shi (Pronounced 'she' 'ba' 'sher') exercise set is the longest and most complex Qigong form that you will learn. It comprises 18 moves and can easily take half an hour or longer to complete if you want it to. It can be a mild and gentle exercise or a hard physically demanding workout depending on how you express the moves and the number of repetitions that you decide to perform.
It can also be surprisingly invigorating and is very well worth the investment of time needed to learn it.
1) List of moves for Shi Ba Shi Qigong
2) Shi Ba Shi - 1st nine moves - Video
3) 30 minute session - 1st nine moves - Video
4) 25 minute session - 2nd nine moves - Video
5) 22 minute session - Whole 18 moves - Video
6) Live session recording - Shi Ba Shi 1st nine moves - Video
7) Live session recording - Shi Ba Shi 2nd nine moves - Video
8) Live session recording - Shi Ba Shi full set (plus 8 Move 1 Step Form) - Video
9) Live session recording - Shi Ba Shi moves 1 to 10 (plus 4 Winds Form) - Video
10) Live session recording - Shi Ba Shi moves 10 to 18 (plus 4 Winds Form Pt 2) - Video
5 Elements Qigong
No. of lessons : 2
This short Qigong set is based on the Five traditional Chinese elements of Earth, Metal, Water, Wood, and Fire.
1) 5 Elements Qigong
2) 5 Elements Intro - Video
Tai Chi Quiz
Two Person Practices
No. of lessons : 2
Floating hands are exercises are for health, teaching relaxed and fluid movement. However, they are also exercises that generally have an application in teaching some of the basic skills that Tai Chi uses for self defence purposes.
1) Introduction to Floating Hands
2) Floating Hands exercise 01 - Video
8 Move 1 Step Form - Self Defence
No. of lessons :4
Self Defence is quite an advanced topic and this is a basic introduction to some of the applications within our foundational for.
1) IMPORTANT MUST READ
2) Self Defence Overview
3) 8 Move 1 Step applications list
4) 8 Move 1 Step applications - Video
Tai Chi Self Defence Seminar
No. of lessons : 16
Videos shot during a two-day self defence seminar.
1) Two person activities safety briefing
3) Introduction - Video
4) Uses of 'Opening Move' - part 1 - Video
5) Uses of 'Opening Move' - part 2 - Video
6) Power Generation and Fluidity - Video
7) Uses of 'Part Wild Horse's Mane' - part 1 - Video
8) Uses of 'Part Wild Horse's Mane' - part 2 - Video
9) Two person exercise & uses of White Crane - Video
10) Effective Striking - part 1 - Video
11) Effective Striking - part 2 - Video
12) Effective Striking - part 3 - Video
13) Basic Throws - Video
14) Basic Broken Rhythm - Video
15) Grabbing, Pulling, and Striking - Video
Live Session Recordings
Live Session Recordings
No. of lessons : 31
These are recordings taken at Zoom or 'real world' sessions. They contain a broad mixture of basic, intermediate and advanced Tai Chi practices.
1) MUST READ - Safety notes
2) MUST READ - Regular practice
3) Health and Safety Briefing PLEASE VIEW - Video
4) Warm-up exercises - Video
5) 8 Move 1 Step Form - Video
6) Relaxation and Anxiety Management - Video
7) 5 Move Qigong - Video
8) NOTE re 'Floating Hands' video
9) Floating Hands & Additional Exercises - Video
10) Balance exercises and Short Balance Form - Video
11) Public Session No: 1 - Video
12) Figure of 8 and Energy Form - Video
13) 2 Forms & Qigong
14) Dynamic Form & 5 Move Qigong - Video
15) 4 Winds Form, Floating Hands, 5 Move Qigong - Video
16) 4 Winds Form & 5 Element Qigong - Video
17) 8 Move Energy Form & Shi Ba Shi - Video
18) 4 Winds Pt 2 & Heaven & Earth Qigong - Video
19) 8 Move 1 Step Form & Heaven & Earth Qigong - Video
20) 8 Move Energy Form & 5 Move Qigong - Video
21) 8 Move 1 Step form; Heaven & Earth Qigong (2) - Video
22) 8 Move Energy Form & Breathing Exercises - Video
23) 8 Move 1 Step Form & 5 Move Qigong - Video
24) 8 Move Energy & 5 Move Qigong
25) 8 Move 1 Step & Floating Hands & 5 Move Qigong - Video
26) 8 Move Energy Form & Heaven & Earth Qigong - Video
27) Dynamic Form & Partner Work - Video
28) Dynamic Form & Partner Work (2) - Video
29) 8 Move 1 Step & 5 Elements Qigong - Video
30) Students Choice - Video
31) Floating Hands & 8 Move 1 Step - Video
Start Your Tai Chi Program Today
BECOME A MEMBER
and gain the benefits of Tai Chi
Learn about joining our Tai Chi Program.